Chocolate Love Heart Cake
50g cocoa Powder
6 Table spoons of boiling water
100g Butter Spread or soft butter
275g Caster sugar
3 eggs, beaten
125ml of Milk
175g Self-raising Flour
1 tea Spoon of baking Powder
To Decorate – Chocolate Sauce
2 Table Spoons of Golden Syrup
100g drinking Chocolate
1.Pre Heat the Oven to 180 Degrees C or Gas mark 4.
- Grease a 30 x 20cm baking Tray, line the base with greaseproof paper
- Put the cocoa into a bowl and stir in the boiling water, until it is smooth.
- Add the butter to the cocoa and beat until; smooth, then add the sugar. eggs, milk, flour and baking powder, mix until well combined. This can be done with a Kenwood mixer or by hand.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, bake in the oven for 30\35 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire tray and peel off the greaseproof paper.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Decorate with Chocolate Sauce
To make the Chocolate Sauce:
- Put Butter and Golden Syrup into a saucepan over a gentle heat.
- When butter has dissolved add in the drinking chocolate until it is well conbined.
- Pour over the Chocolate cake